"Add your slogan here"
Hot Stone Massage
Melt away the tension and stress
Rest assure that the Hot stone massage you receive from me is safe, very effective and deeply relaxing. I am a Hot Stone Practitioner since 2007, and I perform one of the most relaxing Hot stones European techniques you will ever experience.
Hot stone massage therapy helps melt away tension, ease muscle stiffness, and increase circulation and metabolism and is deeply relaxing.
Hot stone massage is a specialty massage that uses smooth, heated stones. They are black volcanic rock that absorbs and retains heat well. It is a deeply soothing, relaxing massage. Holding a warm volcanic rock in each hand, your therapist will massage the heat from the stone into each muscle group. The heat penetrates deep into the muscle allowing the release of tension effectively.
A hot stone massage may begin with a traditional Swedish massage technique to prepare your muscles, then the warm stones are placed on key acupressure points on your body. The stones warm and relax your muscles, allowing deeper pressure to be applied during your massage.
Benefits of Hot Stone Massage
In addition to deep relaxation, there are many other benefits to having a hot stone massage. They include:
- Pain relief from muscular pain, sprain and strains
- Decreased muscle spasms and tension
- Stress, anxiety and tension relief
- Help with Depression
- Insomnia (improve better sleep)
- Boost poor circulation
- Rheumatic and arthritis pain
Contraindications to Hot Stone massage
- Breaks in the skin - infectious skin disease, rash, or open wounds
- Infection or illness - anyone with a fever, cold, or flu should avoid a massage until they feel better.
- Acute Diabetes - Diabetes influences how well the nerves and blood vessels function in the fingers and feet.
- Being under the influence of drugs or alcohol -Drugs and alcohol do not mix well with massage.
- Immediately after surgery
- Immediately after chemotherapy or radiation, unless recommended by your doctor
- Prone to blood clots (DVT, varicose veins). There is a risk of blood clots being dislodged.
- If you have heart disease, check with your doctor before having a massage.
- Pregnant women should check with their doctor first if they are considering getting a massage.
A person should always tell the massage therapist about any health issues they have, so that we can be aware of potential risks.
Hot stone is Great for the winter months, but effective and beneficial all year round.