Manual Lymphatic Drainage -Vodder Technique
A different way to detox from inside out!
Manual Lymphatic Drainage for Detox, Weight loss, Immunity &
Management of Inflammatory or Autoimmune conditions
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) Vodder technique, is a unique, specialized manual technique that moves fluid out of your body's interstitial tissue into lymph nodes where bacteria, viruses, and other harmful microorganisms are destroyed. MLD is particularly helpful for detoxification, oedema & Lymphedema to boost your immune system. It can also help with cellulite reduction, scar tissue, spider veins, and acne, migraine, and other inflammatory conditions.
The gentle, 'light touch' is rhythmical, very precise hand movements technique has a powerful effect in the body and is the most well known manual technique to assist lymph flow and aid in drainage of tissues.
MLD is designed to be gentle because the lymph vessels lie just beneath the skin and are only as big as a strand of hair and heavier pressure blocks the lymph flow.
The lymph nodes do the collection and filtering of waste material from cell fluid, while the lymph vessels return the fluid back into general circulation. This system clears the entire body, stopping excess fluid from stagnating in cell tissues. Our Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage helps to keep the fluid moving therefore detox your body naturally from inside out.
How can Lymphatic Drainage help you?
Lymphatic Drainage stimulates the system by clearing waste products from connective tissue, thereby eliminating toxins and allowing freer and more efficient transport of nutrients to cells. In turn, this boosts the immune system by accelerating the movement of immunocompetent cells (T & B Lymphocytes and macrophages) metabolism. Unlike some other forms of massage, it utilises a very light pressure combined with soft pumping movements in the direction of the lymph nodes.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage is the most important post-surgery because the body has been through a lot of trauma internally and externally. To achieve a good result swelling must be well-managed, which is why correct post-op care is very important.
How does Manual Lymphatic Drainage help the body detox?
Many people embark on a detox by changing their dietary and drinking habits, introducing regular exercise and renewing a beauty regime.
Adding Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) to the detox mix or trying it out as a stand-alone therapy will deliver powerful and noticeable results. MLD is good treating condition such as:
- Alleviates fluid congestion; swollen ankles; tire puffy eyes; swollen legs during pregnancy,fluid retention due to pre-menstrual tension.
- Cellulite, Edema
- Cosmetic surgery, as well as Oncology or Orthopedic postoperative swelling.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, Rheumatoid arthritis, Scleroderma, Fibromyalgia,
- Improve inflammatory conditions such Sinusitis, arthritis, acne rosacea.
- Lupus, Lyme disease
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Insomnia, Stress, Digestive problems
- It has a tonic effect on intestinal peristalsis, which in turn will aid digestion.
- Palliative care: Provision of comfort and pain relief when other therapies are no longer appropriate.
- Forms an effective component of the treatment of lymphoedema
Some of the General effects in the body receiving Manual lymphatic Drainage:
- Removes metabolic waste from the circulatory system
- Increase reabsorption of nutrients and promotes drainage of fluids accumulated in the body.
- Increases blood flow in deep and superficial veins
- Immune system stimulation
- It has a soothing relaxing effect
- It has an analgesic (pain relief) effect
- Relieves fluid congestion: swollen ankles, tired puffy eyes and swollen legs due to pregnancy
- Is an effective component of the treatment and control of lymphoedema (which may occur after cancer treatment) and assists in conditions arising from venous insufficiency
- Minimizes or reduces stretch marks
- Can be used to speed healing after Cosmetic or Orthopedic surgeries.
- Relieve symptoms of fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome, lyme disease, migrain, etc
Why does the lymphatic system go wrong?
The lymphatic flow can be stagnant for many reasons, such as swelling, chronic inflammation, too little exercise, too much starchy food, stress, fatigue, emotional shock, age, poorly fitted bras, or wearing bras for an excessive amount of time. When lymphatic circulation slows down, the regeneration of cells becomes less effective.
Facial Lymphatic Drainage
Anti wrinkle- Anti inflammation and puffiness
Manual Lymphatic Drainage for face improve circulation, reduce sinus inflammation and puffiness, help post traumatic edemas, bruising, sport injuries, whiplash, also beneficial for tension headaches and migraines.
As we perform the facial we move lymph fluid back into the Circulatory system.
It is a workout for your face, therefore it is a natural anti wrinkle facial. It is important you are in the hands of a qualified lymphatic drainage therapist to ensure the correct techniques and results.
Are there any side effects to the treatment?
There are usually no bad side effects and it is perfectly safe to eat before and after a MLD treatment. It helps to drink some water after your treatment and you may need to go to the toilet more often, as the re-energised lymphatic system starts to detox the body and recycle excess fluid and waste.
Finding a Certified Lymphatic Drainage Therapist "Vodder technique"
The Vodder technique is performed by a specially trained lymphatic therapist to stimulate the circulation of lymph fluid around the body. So, it is important that a properly trained therapist delivers the treatment. Lymphatic drainage used at least 4 basic techniques where the therapist applies the two phases: the working and the resting phase. Find an accredited MLD practitioner and make sure you are in good hands with a certified Lymphatic therapist, and read about them qualifications and experience to insure you will receive a "Lymphatic drainage" and not any massage. You can find certified in the following directories: ACOLS and Klose Academy.
Postoperative recovery MLD - and Detox MLD Vodder Technique Packages are offered at discounted rate to help you make regular self-care more affordable.
I AM HERE TO HELP
Book an appointment today!